It is with deepest regret that the NZARRA National Executive and the host club Drifters announce that the Junior National Championships are unable to proceed at Easter. The advice that we have received, together with concerns for ongoing safety, mean we cannot hold the event as planned.

This is an unprecedented step in the history of Rock 'n' Roll Championships and not one taken lightly.

We have delayed making this decision as it is the last thing we wanted to do, and we know the disappointment it will cause, but the safety of our dancers and those attending is our primary concern. We will reassess our options as soon as the coronavirus risk makes it safe to do so, and we are looking forward to seeing everyone on the dance floor in the future

We will be refunding all competition entry fees that have been received. We understand that Air New Zealand have agreed to hold flights for up to 12 months, and JetStar are offering a credit voucher to customers with existing bookings, available up to 31 March, for new flight bookings up to 31 May. Please take advantage of these offers if appropriate.

Above all, please be safe. Look after yourselves and our wider rock 'n' roll family – see the Ministry of Health link below for more information.

Kindest regards

Nola Calvert


Please send your Banners to

Neva Zainy

23 Shannon Pl

Hamilton 3200